Monday, September 27, 2010

Running Just As Fast As I Can...

So there is still that little thing I am doing.

You know, that half marathon.

In comparison to my friends Katrina and Meggie, my half marathon is nothing.  (To me, they are both super women - people that I truly idolize.)  It is just the tiniest blip on a radar.  But to me, it is ever-looming on my calendar and in my face.  I don't like running.  I especially don't like training runs.  And yet, earlier this summer I decided that signing up for a half marathon was the perfect idea.

What was I thinking??

I was thinking it was good for me.  (It really is.)  I was thinking it was good for a cause. (It really is.)

It doesn't make running any type of distance any better.  At least in my mind.  And I totally get that I am hurting myself because running is 90% mental.  But I still can't help but hate it.

I did 10 miles on Saturday.  I did it and I finished it.  And I am definitely more confident that I can do the half marathon on October 16th. 

But that little voice is still in the back of my head.  Maybe I'll get rid of it by the time the Mini rolls around next May!

No comments:

Post a Comment