Saturday, June 26, 2010

It's A Dog's Life

If you know me (as in, we have chatted for more than 7 minutes), you know that a big part of my life are my children (i.e. my dogs).  I am pretty sure that I am probably one of those annoying people that talk about their dogs at random times, act like they are people (doesn't your dog like certain tv shows?), and make life decisions and plans around their schedule.

I get it - I'm like a cat lady.  But with dogs.

However, no matter your opinion on it, it is what it is.  And they are a huge part of my life.  So moving was definitely a big concern.  Would it ruin their routine?  Could they handle being in their crate for a whole workday?  Would they understand that they could no longer just run out the doggy door to the backyard? 

**The answer is no.  Tucker ran into the sliding glass door twice.  He's adorable, but I am concerned about the brain damage....

9 days in - how do I feel?  Well, pretty good actually.  They are doing great (although I hope that my neighbors feel the same way).  They seem to be adjusting to our new walking schedule, they love the dog park on site, and I think that Bo gets a kick out sitting in one chair and seeing me in most of the house (perk of a 1 bedroom apartment).  For all the worrying I did, they seem to be okay.

Is it weird that I devoted a whole post to them?  Maybe.  But what I am discovering in this journey is that I have a lot of "things" in my life, but not a lot of ideas about how I prioritize them.  My other fear?  Coming home to no one.  But what is always important to me, and always excited to see me as I walk in the door?  Bo and Tucker.

No comments:

Post a Comment