Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moving Day!

Well, I think the title says it all!  Today was Moving Day!  But let's back up a little....

My mom and dad arrived on schedule and were angels sent from Parents 'R Us.  Dad waited for the cable/internet guy, put together a new coffee table (pictured) and 2 new end tables, and moved box after box to the garbage or Goodwill.  Mom was a master packer and got my kitchen packed in a matter of hours.  (There was a reason I didn't do anything in there...)  And together they spoiled me and took me out to dinner!

Saturday arrived with....RAIN.  I couldn't believe it.  Just as I was trying to figure out how to keep most of my possessions dry, the skies opened up and cleared!  And, thanks to the manly men helping me move (Vince, Alex, David, and my Dad), we literally got the truck packed, moved, and unpacked in 90 minutes.  Not kidding - it was pretty much what felt like a world record. 

So, here I am....Saturday night and pretty much moved in.  My bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom are completely setup.  My living room is setup, with boxes surrounding it with all the stuff I haven't quite found a home for yet.  The dogs will arrive home tomorrow, and get then they will get to explore their new home for the first time.  The panic I was feeling a few days ago about all my "stuff" has started to go away.  I think it *might* all actually fit!

I'm exhausted - so pictures will have to wait.  I kind of want to get rid of more boxes before the apartment's big reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment